Kirtan Immersion Weekend – Yoga Campus - Finished
Sat 7th Oct 2017 till Sun 8th Oct 2017 at 10:00-17:00
Warning: Use of undefined constant tbc - assumed 'tbc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /www2/2e7/www.bhavanamusic.com/web/wp-content/themes/bhavana/details-event.php on line 90
Address: Yoga Campus Manchester 293A Deansgate (behind Philip Jones estate agents and opposite the Hilton Hotel), Manchester, M3 4EW Contact: email 0161 834 6283 Event's website Price: £150
Deepen your understanding of kirtan, mantra and Bhakti Yoga. Whether you would like to learn to lead kirtan in groups or to develop your own personal practice, this weekend will provide you with inspiration, confidence and understanding. Immerse yourself in chanting, voicework, asana, theory, movement and rhythm as a way to open to the depth of this powerful practice.
During the weekend we will sing Kirtan, discover what it is and explore the meanings and essence of the mantras and chants. We will deepen the connection to our voices and inner rhythm using voicework and playful exercises. We will experience the power of using mantra during yoga asana practice. We will encourage you to find the confidence and skill to share Kirtan and mantra with others.
Kirtan is the yoga of the heart, the yoga of devotion. Repeating Sanskrit mantras creates a meditative and uplifted mental state, and helps to melt inhibitions that can suppress our voices and expression. It can take us deep inside to a place of inner peace and stillness.
During this weekend we will:
- Sing Kirtan
- Practice yoga asana using Mantra
- Explore the theory and meaning behind singing Kirtan
- Explore the meaning of individual chants
- Deepen the connection with your voice to help remove any inhibitions
- Offer guidance around holding a Kirtan session.
- Use playful exercises to help you connect to the rhythmical element of sharing kirtan
- Invite you to lead Kirtan with the group (optional)
- Explore Om and the Bija Mantras of the Chakras